Month: April 2013

Running a SQL Query using TypoScript

Well, after using this feature for quite long time, I though I should post this info:Consider the following Query:

SELECT DISTINCT FROM_UNIXTIME(`datetime`, ‘%Y’) AS `year` FROM tt_news where pid=113 order by datetime limit 1

My main goal was to get the latest year from the tt_news records, that is then going to be pushed to Tesseract filter.


20 {
table = tt_news
select {
selectFields = FROM_UNIXTIME(`datetime`, ‘%Y’) AS year
orderBy = datetime desc
pidInList = 113
max = 1
renderObj = TEXT
renderObj.field = year


Allowed memory size of … bytes exhausted

Often we may need some special setup for a special case/cause.

Recently, I had to do a t3d export/import, where the data size was nearly 2GB, and no matter what memory_limit we tried, it always failed.

Finally we tried memory_limit = -1, which basically removes the memory limit, and lets us use the max available memory of the Operating System.

This solution did helped us, and we were able to do the export smoothly.

CAUTION: On a production server try not to do this, if we forget to revert this change, things can get worse!
Instead make a local copy, and then we have a total freedom.